At Novel Hospice Care, we understand that deciding on hospice for end-of-life care is a difficult decision. Under the right circumstances, hospice care as an end-of-life option tends to enhance the quality of life of the patient and family. Beginning hospice early can help your loved one stay as active as possible for as long as possible.
The goal in providing pain and symptom management is to allow your loved one to enjoy quality time with family and friends. With the expert emotional and spiritual support that is available to you and your family, you can focus on enjoying your time together.
Statistics have also shown that once diagnosed with a terminal disease, patients that initiate hospice care early tend to live longer than patients that are not under hospice care. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned about the following health problems.
- Deteriorating disease processes
- Frequent trips to the emergency room and/or frequent hospitalizations
- Unrelieved/consistent pain
- Increased shortness of breath
- Increased weakness/falls
- Frequent Infections
- Progressive decline in physical conditions
- Difficulty eating, decreasing appetite
- Progressive weight loss
- Family feeling overwhelmed and requiring more resources