What is hospice care and what are the benefits?
Hospice care is “End-of-Life” Comfort Care for patients with terminal illnesses. Hospice care focuses on comfort, quality of life, emotional support (for the patient and family), spiritual enrichment, management of pain, and management of all medical needs. Hospice care seeks to preserve dignity while providing comfort, not treatment.
Novel Hospice Care is here to help you. With our interdisciplinary team of hospice care professionals and paraprofessionals, we can provide a wide variety of services that can be personalized according to your exact needs.
We can provide the following services at your home:
- Skilled Observation and Assessment
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Family Education and Training
- Coordination of Medical Needs,
- Medical Supplies, Home Medical Equipment, Medications, etc.
- Emotional and Spiritual Support
- Bereavement Support and Grief Counseling
- Spiritual Counseling
- Nutritional Counseling
- Personal Care Services
- Respite Services
- Volunteer Services
Who is Eligible for Hospice Care?
- Patients diagnosed with a life-limiting condition with a prognosis of 6 months or less, should the disease follow its natural course.
- Patients with illnesses in which curative measures are no longer effective, appropriate, or desired.
- Families and caregivers of these loved ones.
- Hospice care has no homebound restrictions.
When is Hospice Care Appropriate?
- When the patient has a prognosis of 6 months or less.
- It is better to start hospice early enough to fully benefit from the services. Hospice care services are meant to minimize the patient’s discomfort.
If you have further inquiries, please know that we are only a phone call away. You can contact us directly at 972-994-9395 for assistance, or you can Schedule An Assessment now.